This elegant journal replicates a gilded lacquer 19th-century bookbinding crafted for an illuminated Persian manuscript. The original lacquer work design was created with delicate layers of paint, a coating of shellac which was carefully sanded to a shine, and subtle applications of gold leaf.
- Crisp writing pages provide plenty of space for personal reflections, sketching, or for recording favorite quotations or poems.
- Premium 120 gsm paper takes pen or pencil beautifully.
- Paper is acid-free and of archival quality.
- Light gray lines subtly guide your writing.
- A ribbon bookmark keeps your place.
- Matching spine treatment.
- Gilded-gold edging catches the light as you turn each page.
- Complementary interior endsheets enhance the design.
- Durable hardcover binding.